Gosh! Who would believe me if I said I just got nominated twice for the Liebster Award! By french_vanilla13 and Niura, whose blogs are definitely worth the detour! Luckily there’s the stick here to prove it! Thank you guys, for reading my blog, and thinking of the Grey Witches when it comes to fancy stuff like this! 😉
The rules :
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers to promote the blogging sites we all love and support.
Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My nominées are:
Zombies and yu The walking dead apocalypse theme truly mastered!
Eight Cikadas by Trip – Her “Immortal Dynasty” is so extremely well written you forget it’s a sim’s story!
Evangelina’s Writing Blog by Evangelina – Her poems and small words of wisdom makes you stop and think.
The Second Life Is Magical by johnn91 – A sweet story about a young reborn girl and Drake, an apprentice wizard.
Clumsy musings by Gabriela – How can a 19-year old behold so much wisdom? Her blog is a pleasure to read!
My answers to french_vanilla13’s questions:
- Why do you play the sims and(for the non sim blogs)why do you blog?
I play the sims for my stories. It’s like an interactive book! And I’m a huge reader… My daughter convinced me to write my stories, and I started to blog mainly because I wasn’t satisfied with the quality of the pictures on EA’s story page!
- Which (sims) supernatural species would you be if you could?
Without hesitation – a witch!
- What are some things you’re passionate about and why? Like supporting endangered animals, women’s shelters, etc.
I live in Africa, and I have human misery just around the corner. So I’m doing what I can to help with clothes and food.
- What is your favorite blog that you’ve read?
There are several, it wouldn’t be fair to name only one of them!
- What is your favorite blog that you’ve written?
I’ve only written one – The Grey Witches. And my blog to promote Twin Towns.
- If you could live anywhere in the world that you wanted, where would that be?
I think I would have had a go at the American Dream! I’d love a large log cabin with a view over a big lake…
- Have any of your dreams ever inspired your writing? If so, what dream?
No, my dreams are usually so twisted that nobody would like to read about them.
- Do you have any grand plans for your writing or any particular sim’s story that you can share?
I think I’ll stay with The Grey Witches, I have so many ideas they’ll last for a long time yet.
- If there was one person you o not to meet, would you do so and how do you think your life would have been different?
There was a girl in primary school that was downright mean to me – it lasted through high school too. She broke my self-confidence, and I think I would have had a lot more fun if I just had realized I was as good as anyone else, and even more than average good-looking when I was a teen.
- (For the simmers)What is your favorite EP of Sims? (Non-simmers)What is your favorite gaming system?
My favorite EP is seasons. And Adventures!
- If you could change one person’s life, who would it be and how?
Not only one person. I’d love to be able to do something that lasts for my staff at home, something that takes them away from the day-to-day struggle they inevitably will endure once my family leaves Africa.
My answers to Niura’s questions:
- If you were a sim, where world would you want to live?
Twin Towns, of course! It’s custom made to fit my needs. If it’s an EA created world, I’d love to live in Moonlight Falls and spend my holidays in Sunlit Tides. I think these worlds are incredibly well done!
- Are any of your sims based on real people?
I guess Derek is. He’s a guy I dated when I was in my twenties. Brooding, dark and utterly handsome but so full of himself… I’ve tried to make Derek more “human”…
- When you read, play, write, do you prefer silence or to listen to something?
I listen to music all the time! I turn the sound off in the sims, and put my dr dree’s on with my favorite music.
- What’s your favourite time of the year?
Autumn! Because of the colors and the melancholy of the summer ending and knowing that winter is coming… I guess it’s because I’m a Scorpio, I like gloomy colors and gloomy weather, curling up with a cup of hot chocolate and a really good book…
- Do you think about your story you are writing, coming up with new plots, while at work, school?
I think about it before falling asleep, and often when I wake up. Not at work, though. I’m a high school teacher, and the teens keep my mind busy elsewhere!
- What kind of books do you like to read?
I’m an alleater when it comes to books! I always have at least two on my bedside table and my Kindle in my bag – thrillers, biographies, criminal novels, love stories, classics and unknown authors… But I have one favorite and that’s Tolkien’s triology about the ring. I’ve read it so many times in French, Swedish and English and I never get bored!
- Do you write stories that are not based on / related to Sims?
I used to write short stories, but when I got pregnant with my daughter, I stopped.
- What do you hope to express in your Sims stories?
I just want to write something people like to read, that makes them smile and gets them away from reality the time it takes to go through the chapters!
- Do any of your close friends know about your sim-story blog? Do they think you are a weirdo for writing stories about a video game?
My close friends know about my blog, but they don’t read it as it’s in English and my friends are French… And I guess I’m relieved, because I wouldn’t want them to judge what I’m writing – not because they’ll think I’m a weirdo, I don’t care about that. I’m afraid they’ll think it’s not good enough…
- Do you like ice cream? If so, which ones?
I’ll do anything for ice-cream! Almost… I’m Swedish, and in Sweden it gets real cold in winter, but when my friends bought sweets I still got myself an ice-cream. They asked me how I could eat ice-cream when the temperature was way below freezing and I just answered that “I’ll keep my mittens on!”
- Apart from writing, do you have any other “artsy” talent? Do you draw, paint, play music?
I used to draw a lot, and play the flute.
My questions :
- If you had to choose one EP, which one would it be ?
- Do you listen to music when you write or play ? What kind of music ?
- Where do you get your ideas ?
- If you could choose your traits « sims style », which would it be ?
- If you were a sim, who would you be ?
- What’s your favourite pass time ?
- When and where would you have liked to live ?
- Do any of your close friends and family know about your sim-story blog?
- Are any of your sims based on yourself ?
- Who is your favorite sim ? And why ?
- What is your favorite book ?